Sunday, September 07, 2008

Art News-Faraway Journal

I was toodling through my Duotrope newsletter yesterday, looking for places to send my poor orphan Steven who has yet to find a good home, and I checked out FARAWAY JOURNAL. Disappointed to learn at the site that they were closed for the next issue, I spent some time exploring and was suddenly caught by the words "ARTWORK STILL NEEDED."

Now, I'm not used to thinking of myself as an artist, especially one that might send off work for consideration, but I thought why not? My friends say they like it (I know). But I sent the magazine pix anyway, digitals of Blue and Fence, acrylics with metal and wire, and guess what, they are going to chose one for their next issue. I am so excited.

Thank you FARAWAY JOURNAL.

3 comments:

Sarah Hilary said...

Congratulations, Gay! So exciting! I can't wait to see it - link when it's up, yes?

Kevin Shamel said...

Yes! That's so cool!

Just think of yourself as an artist, then anything you do falls into that.

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Stuff Degani!


The pencil shall tremble at your mighty craftsmanship!