Monday, March 29, 2010

Madeline in Her Coffin up at Referential


This year is off to an amazing start. I'm a little breathless to tell you the truth. New story up today called Madeline in Her Coffin at Referential Magazine, a gorgeous looking online journal.


This is how Referential Magazine works--very cool. You read the magazine, pick something that appeals to you in some way, see what it suggests to you, reference it in a new story you write, and submit it!!!! Madeline is based on a story by Dawn Corrigan called Golden. Read hers and mine and see if you can see the connection between the two.

And consider reading Madeline and write a story based on a word, a phrase, a character from it. Let me know what happens!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swell piece of writing, Gay. You just get better and better.

Anonymous said...

Gay - I love this piece. The imagery is powerful and subtle, and so much is conveyed in the words that aren't there. That's one of my favorite things about flash, the ability to communicate around and between the words - you did it masterfully here.
I am also in awe of the whole concept for the magazine, and will definitely be investigating it further.

Sarah Hilary said...

This sounds fascinating, Gay. Will bookmark for reference and look forward to reading your fic.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Is it weird for me to say I enjoyed a story that featured someone with my name in a coffin?

Hmm, well, good story anyway, Gay. :)