Monday, March 22, 2010

Podcast EDF016: THE BREACH • written Gay Degani • read by Robert C. Eccles | Every Day Fiction - The once a day flash fiction magazine.

Just found out a 50-word bit of mine is up at 50 to 1 today. Also sci-fi! what's going on with me? Yikes?

http://50-to-1.blogspot.com/2010/03/whats-next-by-gay-degani.html

Robert C. Eccles reads The Breach at Every Day Fiction today. This is the second story I published online and shocked myself that it happened to be sci-fi. SCI-FI!!!

Although I've read Asimov, Heinlein, Herbert, Jack Finney all when I was a lot younger, and love Stars Wars (really just the original series and only "Jedi" since in was the capper), The Terminator series (1 and 2), Alien, Aliens--I'm noticing a trend of disliking the third in a series here--and back in the day, The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (original), The Thing (original), Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, I didn't really think I knew enough science (and I don't) to really work in the genre. So this piece surprised me.

Listening to it being read today by the remarkable Bob Eccles gave me a thrill despite notice a few places I'd like to rewrite. Haha. The curse of the rewriter.

Anyway thank you Bob for such a fabulous read. What a terrific start to the week.

No comments: