Saturday, November 06, 2010

Phew! What a fun couple of weeks!


Wednesday night was the signing at Vroman's for the W.W. Norton Hint Fiction Anthology edited by Robert Swartwood.  I enjoyed meeting fellow contributors Jenn Alandy, Jeremy D. Brooks, Daniel A. Olivas, Robin Rozanski and A. J. Slye.  The bookstore personnel were wonderful and the audience much appreciated. Signed copies are now available at Vroman's.  Think Christmas! Think independent bookstores!


New Reviews and Mentions of the Hint Fiction Anthology
Los Angeles Times
The Washington Post


Here's a list of current stories by me online:
Something about LA at Litsnack
Body-Snatching at LITnIMAGE
Isla Vista, 1970 at Foundling Review
Closed Down at 50 to 1


Thriller! A Young Adult Anthology is out with my story, "Gravity Island," included.  Available at  a discounted price at the Pill Hill/Static Movement Online Store.


There's a new review up at Sonar4 Landing Dock Reviews of Pomegranate Stories.  Check it out here.

3 comments:

Kathleen A. Ryan said...

This is so exciting, Gay! Congratulations on the signing and having so many stories online ~ you are quite the prolific writer.
The "east coast" author signing is this Wednesday in NYC ~ can't wait!

Gay Degani said...

Have a great time at your signing. It's so much fun and amazing too how well received this beautiful little book is. Just a suggestion from what I noticed at our reading and I know you've read before but for hint fiction, it is imperative to read slowly, pausing when the story needs a pause to let the impact of the words sink in.

Let me know all about it.

Andrea said...

Wonderful to have met you last week, Gay! I think I told you as we were leaving, but your story was WONDERFUL. Really stuck with me.